SCG Health is a boutique value improvement organization focused on creating value in healthcare through workflow optimization, revenue cycle management and strategic planning in this post-health reform industry. Like the original concept for the Regional Extension Centers, SCG Health stands beside clinicians and office staff to evaluate, implement, support and optimize the implementation and ongoing use of electronic medical record systems, practice management systems and peripheral support systems to optimize value and manage ongoing operations. Contracting Specialist | Internship - Writer/Editor
As a Contracting Specialist in the SCG Health Contracting Division, the candidate will support Client needs for contract management, fee schedule management and credentialing support. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and Client support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. They should also be able to conduct research, identify primary sources (contractual, regulatory and government guidance) and have strong written communication skills. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting demanding Clients. Paralegals, medical billers and certified coders are highly encouraged to apply!
The candidate should have the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Candidates should excel under pressure and be comfortable juggling multiple projects at the same time. A sense of humor is helpful too with this team!
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Superior communication skills in written and oral formats
- Excellent project management skills, including the coordination of multiple complex tasks or projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual Spanish speakers encouraged to apply
Duration: Preferred Full-time (40 hours a week); Part-time (20+ hours a week) considered for exceptional candidates.
Location: Winchester, VA
Employment: W2 with competitive hourly rate and benefits.
Paid Intern - Writer/Editor
SCG Health is a rapidly expanding organization whose reach stretches across the country and we’re looking for content writers to assist with editorial projects and provide support to the communications team! This is an internship position where you will be working at the main office under the supervision of the CEO. You will focus on drafting, writing blog articles, conducting articulate interviews, and developing premium content for our family of digital and hardcopy resources.
Areas of Interest: Communications: Social Media, Online and In Print
- Exceptional research, writing and editing skills, and meticulous attention to detail. Experience and comfort with conducting interviews is also highly encouraged.
- Responsibilities will include compiling and writing news stories or articles, researching assigned story leads, fact-checking, copy editing, and reviewing editorial submissions
- Background in marketing, finance, healthcare, or topics related to lifestyle recommended, but not required
- Experience with search engine optimization also a plus
- Ability to promptly meet and maintain deadlines with quality work without excuses
- Capable of speaking up and asking clarifying questions. Proactive in scheduling meetings with and reaching out with needs for relevant team members
- Ownership of and accountability for projects, from beginning to end, with sharp attention to detail
- A strong desire to learn and be a part of something special!
- Optimism and a creative outlook - a dogged focus on informed solutions
- Committed to improving the American healthcare system
- Transportation and availability to work onsite in Winchester 2 or more days a week
How to apply:
- A portfolio with three writing samples (press releases, published content, etc.) on the subject of your choice. Please don't provide more than five; have this be a concise representation of your very best work.
- Once your portfolio has been reviewed, you will be asked to come to our Winchester office for a brief interview. Come prepared and ready to contribute immediately—and don’t forget to smile!
- Stipend of $500/semester
- Time commitment: 15-20 hours/week (2 days in-office minimum requirement)
Job Type: Internship
Job Location: Winchester, VA 22601
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required language: English
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.