By Gina Clegg
2017 was a rough year for a lot of people. It was a year of growth, a year of terror, a year of wonder and a year of wondering what is going on. At SCG Health, things were no different. We too wondered what was going to happen in the world of healthcare. Even with the changes we continue to learn and grow to allow us to be the best minions that we can for our clients.
For those of you who didn’t know, SCG Health was created in 2011 by our one and only Jennifer Searfoss. Can we get a WOOT WOOT!!! That means that this year SCG Health will be turning seven years old. In recognition of that birthday, I’m going to fill you in on seven things that happened to SCG Health and its employees in 2017.
- Jen got married just after we finished reporting data for the 2016 reporting year. Yes, literally, right after. We finished reporting data on March 31, 2017, and Jen walked down the aisle to marry her wonderful husband on April 1, 2017. It was a beautiful ceremony full of love, laughter, family and friends.
- Jen, Amanda and I flew out to Las Vegas to the Advanced Specialty Coding Symposium sponsored by Decision Health. What most people don’t know is that I don’t like to leave the tri-county area, much less the state of Virginia. This meant my first time on a plane! Unfortunately, we got off the plane and experienced one of the deadliest mass shootings in US history. I think that we at SCG Health have determined that it isn’t good for Gina to travel.
- We grew up and moved into a bigger building. Our very own Value Marketing Specialist Nasir Abbas, got his first sunburn moving office cubicles.
- We also got our new contracting specialist Audrey, who took an internship with SCG Health and impressed us so much we offered her a position. Bless her heart, she said “It’s my first big girl job!”
- Our wonderful Shannon, through hard work and dedication became SCG Health’s very own CFO. It is great to see everyone grow up and do so much with their lives!
- SCG Health is big on education. When we moved we looked for a building with enough room for our clients to be able to come onsite to our location and learn. Not only that, I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management. With this, I can continue to help SCG Health grow as well as help you with correct and up-to-date information.
- The biggest announcement for 2017 and the best to end with is that SCG Health is approved for as a QCDR for 2018! That’s right we are here to help with your MIPS reporting again.